used in the article
Is Finland or Norway Better for Northern Lights?
When it comes to experiencing the Northern Lights, Finland and Norway are two of the top destinations. Both countries offer spectacular views of the aurora borealis, but which one is better? To help you decide, let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of each.
Finnish Northern Lights
- Abundant Viewing Spots: Finland has plenty of spots that provide excellent views of the aurora borealis. In particular, Lapland is well-known for its breathtaking displays of the lights.
- Cost-Effective: Visiting Finland is relatively inexpensive, especially when compared to Norway. You can find great deals on accommodations and flights to make your trip more affordable.
- Peaceful: Finland is a peaceful country with plenty of natural beauty to explore. It is the perfect place to unwind and truly experience the Northern Lights.
Norwegian Northern Lights
- Stunning Locations: Norway is home to many of the most stunning vistas in the world. Combined with the beauty of the Northern Lights, this makes for an unforgettable experience.
- Range of Activities: From dog sledding to northern lights cruises, there is no shortage of activities to enjoy in Norway. Whether you want to be active or just sit back and enjoy the view, Norway has something for everyone.
- Easy Access: Norway is easy to get to from many major cities in Europe and North America. This makes it ideal for travelers wanting to see the Northern Lights in a hurry.
When it comes to deciding whether Finland or Norway is better for Northern Lights viewing, there really is no clear answer. Both countries offer amazing views of the aurora borealis and have plenty of activities to enjoy. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and budget.